Kevin is a founding director of the African Crowdfunding Association (ACfA) where he currently hold the role of chairman. He is an energetic and creative individual, displaying many leadership characteristics. In addition to ACfA, Kevin Allen is one of the founders of QDDTI.
The ACfA is a Non Profit Association that was established in 2015 in order to promote crowdfunding in Africa. The association has the following objectives:
- engage all crowdfunding platforms operating on the African continent, providing an inclusive, objective and collaborative space to promote common interests and effective self-regulation;
- educate African consumers, platforms and regulators about crowdfunding in Africa;
- build consensus on key risks and risk mitigants, as well as key benefits from all types of crowdfunding through engaging platforms, individuals, small businesses, regulators, governments, law firms and trade associations;
- build trust and transparency between all actors in the African crowdfunding ecosystem;
- harmonise and align African countries and regions on best industry practices and regulatory frameworks;
- ensure the crowdfunding industry thrives in Africa through maintaining healthy competition.
Kevin believes that we live in an abundant world and that through technology we can use exponential forces for positivity. He thrives on knowledge and looks for new opportunities to learn as often as he can. Prior to QDDTI Kevin was part of the Wealth Migrate team, working closely with the CEO in capital expansion of the business. Before that he worked in the pharmaceutical industry becoming the youngest member of the management team running the operations for the liquids and semisolid departments for Aspen Pharmacare, East London.
Kevin has an undergraduate Pharmacy degree and an MBA (Cum Laude). Although through reading, browsing the internet and through experience he has shaped his thinking in terms of exponential business models and what the future holds. On a more personal note when he has free time he enjoys creating digital art, singing, dancing, searching the web and designing buildings and homes